New blog domain: kula.blog

It's still work in progress but new posts will be published on  https://kula.blog/ Thanks to 11ty base blog RSS is working from the start so it should be easy to add to your reader if you still use any :) If now then I hope you can sign up to the newsletter where I'll be publishing new posts and interesting articles to it from time to time. Please use  kula.blog  from now on.

Book Review: Presentation Zen by Garr Reynolds


I head about Presentation Zen way before reading Presentation Zen Design in 2014, but there was always something more urgent to do.
Recently I started to think more about a long-term value of books and decided to evaluate my "want to read" list. As a result, I picked Presentation Zen that was on my list since 2008...

Prepare.
First chapters were about going analog while planning presentation. I have made that mistake many times, but now I see myself thinking with just paper and pen all the time. It really helps.

Design.
It's really good, but I would recommend reading Presentation Zen Design as well. It was really good for me to rehearse it, but the topic deserves more attention. Especially if you don't know much about design.

Deliver.
A lot of good ideas here. I know many of them, but still, good to be reminded that you shouldn't deliver your presentation in a dark room. The audience has to see you, to be able to understand you.

Summary.
I've seen so many bad presentations that it is a must read for everyone giving one.
I would like some parts of the book to be longer but the topic is so important and Presentation Zen can help you so much that I have to give it maximum rating.

Rating: 10/10





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

How to use NPM packages from private repositories on bitbucket

How to simulate slow connection (developer proxy in Node.js)