New blog domain: kula.blog

It's still work in progress but new posts will be published on  https://kula.blog/ Thanks to 11ty base blog RSS is working from the start so it should be easy to add to your reader if you still use any :) If now then I hope you can sign up to the newsletter where I'll be publishing new posts and interesting articles to it from time to time. Please use  kula.blog  from now on.

Finished "Advanced Vocabulary" course on Memrise


I have finished the course I started more than a year ago. I would probably finish it earlier if it would not extend from 26 to 32 levels in the meantime, and now I hope it will stay at 32 :)

What is good about it is that many of the words were completely new and alien. Good thing that after learning them I started to see them in the books so my comprehension improved a lot.

Of course best thing is that the pronunciation is coupled with the words so I could familiarize myself with it and hopefully even spoken communication improved.

So if you want to learn some new words check it out: http://www.memrise.com/course/3093/advanced-vocabulary-2/ 

Or you may be interested in the new one I am starting right now: http://www.memrise.com/course/197810/audio-advanced-vocabulary/. This one has 4144 words so it could take me ten years to finish :)

If you do not know Memrise, the idea behind it is the same as for Anki. Both of them help you with spaced repetition. In practice, I cannot really claim I have learned any course as every day I have about 50 to 100 word to refresh. That may sound like a lot, but it is only small part of all the words from all the courses I have learned. Of course, this number should be smaller with time as repetitions are longer and longer every time you prove to remember the word. Happy learning! ;)


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

How to use NPM packages from private repositories on bitbucket

How to simulate slow connection (developer proxy in Node.js)