New blog domain: kula.blog

It's still work in progress but new posts will be published on  https://kula.blog/ Thanks to 11ty base blog RSS is working from the start so it should be easy to add to your reader if you still use any :) If now then I hope you can sign up to the newsletter where I'll be publishing new posts and interesting articles to it from time to time. Please use  kula.blog  from now on.

Book Review: Getting Things Done by David Allen


I often write a reason why I picked up the book but this time I am not sure. Probably it was just easiest-looking on on the kindle. Turns out it is not that easy to read as I thought, especially if you compare it to  "Decisive". Soon after I started, I could feel that book was written at 2002 when PDA were today's smartphones. I would also say that book would be much nicer if it was more concise and contained more stories.

The book is a bestseller for a reason though.

"What is the next action?"
It is probably the most important question in the book. I have the same problem. My todo list is not really todo. It is just list of "stuff". Asking for next physical action really changes the way you think and work.

Second important idea form the book is to group tasks by context. Most important constraint is context. I have different list for 'home', 'work' and 'commute' as for example I need guitar to practice.

Last idea is about "Someday/Maybe" list. I had something like this working, but it was great to read more about how author is using it and tweak it a bit.

Rating: 6/10

If you want to read it in Polish: Getting Things Done, czyli sztuka bezstresowej efektywności.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

How to use NPM packages from private repositories on bitbucket

How to simulate slow connection (developer proxy in Node.js)