New blog domain: kula.blog

It's still work in progress but new posts will be published on  https://kula.blog/ Thanks to 11ty base blog RSS is working from the start so it should be easy to add to your reader if you still use any :) If now then I hope you can sign up to the newsletter where I'll be publishing new posts and interesting articles to it from time to time. Please use  kula.blog  from now on.

Review: How to Get People to Do Stuff by Susan Weinschenk


How to Get People to Do Stuff: Master the art and science of persuasion and motivation by Susan Weinschenk

Short and concise book about motivation. If you haven't read much about motivation and psychology then, it's really good. Unfortunately for me it was more like review.

I got two ideas from this book that I have already forgotten.

  1. Use nouns if you are trying to influence someone. For example: "Are you a voter?" instead of "Are you going to vote?".
  2. Make people (or yourself) ask questions starting with "Will I...". It's proven that it makes a big difference in how many people do this thing later! "Will I read one book a week?" instead of "I will read one book a week."

Book is really short and practical. Last chapter is all about real questions and how to influence for example your mother to exercise. Practical and easy to follow. Recommended.

Rating: 8/10

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

How to use NPM packages from private repositories on bitbucket

How to simulate slow connection (developer proxy in Node.js)