New blog domain: kula.blog

It's still work in progress but new posts will be published on  https://kula.blog/ Thanks to 11ty base blog RSS is working from the start so it should be easy to add to your reader if you still use any :) If now then I hope you can sign up to the newsletter where I'll be publishing new posts and interesting articles to it from time to time. Please use  kula.blog  from now on.

April Update - Seven Languages in Seven Weeks (in 2 weeks)

From last month I managed to have finished almost everything (counting some changes in my plans).

Cover above. Really good book to get taste of different kinds of languages and paradigms. I have spend only 2 weeks on this book because I wanted to get more informed about them, not to learn them deeply. For me it was also chance to be less ignorant in terms of functional languages, especially Erlang, Clojure and Haskell. After reading it I will probably dig more deeply into Clojure/LISP or Haskell. These two looks really impressive and challenging. 


Maximize Your Memory Power by Nishant Kasibhatla
Really good book full of examples. I really started using some of this techniques. Cheap and short. I can recommend it  :)

Make: Electronics. Learning Through Discovery By Charles Platt (3rd chapter)
I have learnt how to solder and learnt that my previous attempts were cold solders(?) and were just weak. Right now I can create really strong ones :)



The New Kingmakers by Stephen O'Grady.
Short and really good book about programmers and how they changed business and economics. This may sound bad as I'm a programmer but we are really influential. Book is probably rather for business people to tell them how to deal with programmers but still good reading. Book is short, about 50 pages so you can read it really fast :)



Courses:
Interactive 3D Graphics (lesson 3 - 5)
In the meantime appeared lessons 6-10 so I went even further and watched parts from 3 to 6: Lights. Next lesson is about Camera. 




Front Trends 2013:
Really good conference. Amazing talks with almost all of them on really, really hight level of content and fun. For me best ones were by Estelle Weyl - she talked about web performance in mobile world and Frances Berriman talk about gov.uk. 


Plans:

For may I'm planning:
  1. Books
    1. Lean Startup by Eris Ries
    2. Design for Hackers by David Kadavy (moved from april)
    3. Make: Electronics. Learning Through Discovery By Charles Platt (4th chapter)
  2. Courses
    1. Interactive 3D Graphics (lesson 7-10) with final exam
  3. Plans
    1. think about meet.js, ideas, maybe sponsors?
  4. To write:
    1. Game...
    2. Presentation/workshop about games?


There will be many private things that I have to schedule for this month so I really don't know how much of if I will be able to do...




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

How to use NPM packages from private repositories on bitbucket

How to simulate slow connection (developer proxy in Node.js)