New blog domain: kula.blog

It's still work in progress but new posts will be published on  https://kula.blog/ Thanks to 11ty base blog RSS is working from the start so it should be easy to add to your reader if you still use any :) If now then I hope you can sign up to the newsletter where I'll be publishing new posts and interesting articles to it from time to time. Please use  kula.blog  from now on.

Reading list update



Time for update of my reading list from December: http://krzychukula.blogspot.com/2012/12/reading-list-update-december-2012.html


  1. Professional HTML5 Mobile Game Development by Pascal Rettig
  2. Make: Electronics. Learning Through Discovery By Charles Platt
  3. Przemów do nich! Teoria i praktyka wystapień publicznych by Jarosław Kordziński - this one is about public speaking and is really short.
  4. Unity Game Development Essentials by Will Goldstone
  5. Maintanable JS
  6. Effective JS
  7. SMACSS

Most of it still waits but in the meantime I have read some others:

  1. Cooking for Geeks: Real Science, Great Hacks, and Good Food by Jeff Potter
    • Pretty good, I'm still afraid to cook but now I try to do something more often, and because of what I learned sometime it can be eaten ;)
  2. Przemów do nich! Teoria i praktyka wystapień publicznych by Jarosław Kordziński - this one is about public speaking and is really short.
    • Short and too abstract for me, but quotes at the end are fun.
  3. Professional HTML5 Mobile Game Development by Pascal Rettig
    • Huge book, really long and full of examples, hacks, ideas. I think that I can recommend it to anyone that want to start with HTML5 games. Half of book is about creating Quintus game engine so after reading book you now how this engine works internally. 
    • If you have some experience book still can be beneficial but mostly chapters about mobile, best practices etc.
    • For me there was not enough of Level, state machines and handling longer games.
  4.  Endymion (Hyperion Cantos, Bk. 3) by Dan Simmons
    • Really good Sci-Fi book. 
  5. SMACSS - by Jonathan Snook - 1/2 of book at the time of writing.

So my current reading list:
  1. SMACSS
  2. Effective JS
  3. Czytaj dwa razy szybciej! by Marcin Matuszewski (how to read faster)
  4. Fallen Dragon by Peter F. Hamilton (sci-fi)
  5. JavaScript Allongé by Reginald Braithwaite
  6. Maintanable JS


And book that will take me longer:
  1. Make: Electronics. Learning Through Discovery By Charles Platt (I want to end first chapter this month)
  2. Unity Game Development Essentials by Will Goldstone

Thats All! Let me know if anyone is interested in longer review of any of this books.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

How to use NPM packages from private repositories on bitbucket

How to simulate slow connection (developer proxy in Node.js)