New blog domain: kula.blog

It's still work in progress but new posts will be published on  https://kula.blog/ Thanks to 11ty base blog RSS is working from the start so it should be easy to add to your reader if you still use any :) If now then I hope you can sign up to the newsletter where I'll be publishing new posts and interesting articles to it from time to time. Please use  kula.blog  from now on.

Book Review: The Corporation by Joel Bakan


Book by Joel Bakan is on the list of Bret Victor recommended books so some time ago I put it on my read later list. My colleague bought one recently so I was eager to borrow it.

I think that book could be better, especially shorter as chapters 3 and 4 were not so great. Fortunately I think that I learned a lot about history of corporations. Now I know how they are financed and how they work.

The book is a couple of years old so it is interesting to see how corporations evolved from that time. A couple of months ago I have read interesting article about Tim Cook plans for Apple http://gadgets.ndtv.com/others/news/angry-tim-cook-tells-apple-investor-to-get-out-of-this-stock-489936. Back then I had no idea what that meant. Now I have much bigger context to think about it, I would say that alone makes up for the small flaws of the book.

Must read for everyone working for any kind of corporation.

Rating: 7/10

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

How to use NPM packages from private repositories on bitbucket

How to simulate slow connection (developer proxy in Node.js)