New blog domain: kula.blog

It's still work in progress but new posts will be published on  https://kula.blog/ Thanks to 11ty base blog RSS is working from the start so it should be easy to add to your reader if you still use any :) If now then I hope you can sign up to the newsletter where I'll be publishing new posts and interesting articles to it from time to time. Please use  kula.blog  from now on.

Book Review: Stone of Tears by Terry Goodkind


Second book from the Sword of Truth series. If you are interested in the review of the first book then you can find it here: Wizard's First Rule.

I had to stay up for 24 hours, but I found it pretty exhausting. The trick I used is instead of reading technical or business books I have picked second book of the series I know would be gripping and interesting. I have even found a second book better than the first one (but I admit that I may have get used to the style of the author). For sure it worked to keep me up, it was even working when I should go to sleep. It really was interesting.

Author style of writing and the fact that he tries to be friendly to new readers is sometimes annoying, especially when you think how much it adds to the book length, but there have to be some downsides.

Rating: 8/10

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

How to use NPM packages from private repositories on bitbucket

How to simulate slow connection (developer proxy in Node.js)