New blog domain: kula.blog

It's still work in progress but new posts will be published on  https://kula.blog/ Thanks to 11ty base blog RSS is working from the start so it should be easy to add to your reader if you still use any :) If now then I hope you can sign up to the newsletter where I'll be publishing new posts and interesting articles to it from time to time. Please use  kula.blog  from now on.

Learning


Yesterday I have started a new course at Coursera. This time about learning. 

Learning How to Learn: Powerful mental tools to help you master tough subjects
by Dr. Barbara Oakley, Dr. Terrence Sejnowski


One of the most interesting ideas come from a short list that is in the center of reading materials: 10 Rules of Good Studying. Idea that was also one of most important one in the newsletter of Scott H. Young.

What is it? Use a recall. After you read a page tell to yourself what it was about. 

When I think about it I know that I used this method at school at it worked wonders. Bad thing about graduation is that I lost most of the context, deadlines and subjects to learn that were given to me. Even after I went back to learning I forgot about my most important methods.

Another simple and great idea form the course is Pomodoro. This simple technique makes it super easy for me to work. Without it, I procrastinate a lot. There is always email to check, RSS, Twitter you name it. Homework #2: Use Pomodoro!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

How to use NPM packages from private repositories on bitbucket

How to simulate slow connection (developer proxy in Node.js)