New blog domain: kula.blog

It's still work in progress but new posts will be published on  https://kula.blog/ Thanks to 11ty base blog RSS is working from the start so it should be easy to add to your reader if you still use any :) If now then I hope you can sign up to the newsletter where I'll be publishing new posts and interesting articles to it from time to time. Please use  kula.blog  from now on.

Book Review: The First 20 Hours by Josh Kaufman


Pretty short and fun book about short skill acquisition.
I recommend reading it as it's really short book and first part is really about method and rest are examples of using it so you can read only the ones you are interested in.

Reminder for me: "Ten Principles"


  1. Research the skill and related topics.
  2. Jump in over your head.
  3. Identify mental models and mental hooks.
  4. Imagine the opposite of what you want.
  5. Talk to practitioners to set expectations.
  6. Eliminate distractions in your environment. 
  7. Use spaced repetition and reinforcement for memorization. 
  8. Create scaffolds and checklists.
  9. Make and test predictions.
  10. Honor your biology.
I really like the idea of choosing one project for a month and learning new skill in the process. This is something I haven't tried and as an experiment I really want to finish most of my pending tasks and try it.

Rating: 8/10  (but remember to not read it from cover to cover :)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

How to use NPM packages from private repositories on bitbucket

How to simulate slow connection (developer proxy in Node.js)